Conquer Theft; Install a Vehicle Security System
Over a million vehicles will be stolen this year. According to the FBI, nationwide in 2010 there were an estimated 737,142 motor vehicle thefts, with property losses estimated at over $4 billion. Don’t be a statistic, and don’t believe that having only a factory security system (that typically only include keyless entry with door sensors) will provide the protection you need to keep your vehicle and its contents safe.
Cars are expensive. Other than a home, few purchases we make will compare to a new car. Just like any other expensive asset, a car brings with it an associated cost – the risk of theft. Perhaps in some parts of the world, simply locking the doors may be enough to ward off threats. In other places, it’s a good idea to arm your car with some security. Security systems have come a long way in recent years, from pre-installed components like OnStar to top of the line options like LoJack.
Enhance Your Security/Remote Start Systems
- Audio Sensor: Detects glass break – adding an additional layer of protection if you often leave valuable in your car
- Digital Tilt Motion Sensor: Detects attempts to tow or jack-up your vehicle, suggested if you have expensive rims, wheels, or tires.
- Field Disturbance Sensor: Creates an invisible sensing field around your vehicle, perfect for convertibles and Jeeps.
- Backup Battery System: Allows the siren to sound even if a thief disconnects your car battery.
The 10 Most Stolen Vehicles
The National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) reviewed vehicle theft data submitted by law enforcement to the National Crime Information Center during 2011 to produce the following list of the 10 most stolen vehicles in 2011.
- 1994 Honda Accord midsize
- 1998 Honda Civic compact
- 2006 Ford F-150 pickup
- 1991 Toyota Camry midsize
- 2000 Dodge Caravan minivan
- 1994 Acura Integra compact
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado pickup
- 2004 Dodge Ram pickup
- 2002 Ford Explorer SUV
- 1994 Nissan Sentra compact
Though late model sports and luxury cars tend to get swiped, it’s the more common older models like those listed that disappear more frequently because they lack sophisticated security systems and key code anti-theft technology.
Give us a call today to find out what security systems and features would be best for your vehicle!
Plus, during the month of May, we’ve got all in stock security systems 10% off!
2975A Morse Road, Columbus OH 43231 614-475-6695
2879 Taylor Road Ext, Reynoldsburg OH 43068 614-863-1067