Window Tint is the Perfect Accessory for Your Vehicle
What is Window Tinting?
Window tinting is a process where a thin sheet of film is applied to a vehicle’s window to reduce radiation and heat from the sun. In addition, it can add a sense of security and privacy. Window tint film typically comes in a variety of tints such as flat, metallic, and mirrored.
Why Should I Tint My Windows?
Actually, there are many benefits to having your car windows tinted:
- Window tint film protects you from the sun – it blocks up to 60% of the sun’s heat and blocks 98% of damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays. It not only protects your vehicle’s interior, but also your skin from sun damage.
- More privacy – window tint film keeps people on the outside from being able to look into the vehicle’s interior; lessening the chance that a thief will see something they like and break in.
- It can prevent shattering glass – if you ever get into a collision, the film can help keep the window from separating and shattering.
- You’ll be fighting global warming – when your windows are tinted, you will have a cooler car, allowing you to use less energy to cool the vehicle on hot summer days.
- Safer Driving – tint reduces the glare from the sun, snow, and headlights.
How Dark Can I Tint My Windows?
Some states have put legal restrictions on the type of tint you can have, how dark it can be, as well as which windows you can actually have tinted. The darkness of the tint is measured by what is called visible light transmission (VLT%), defined as the percentage of visible light that makes it through the tint (the smaller the number the darker the film). Our professional staff is always up to date on window tinting rules and regulations and would never steer you wrong.
In the State of Ohio:
- The windshield must not be darker than 70% VLT
- The front side windows must not be darker than 50% VLT
- The back side windows and rear window can have any VLT applied
Some think that a car audio company can’t have the expertise and knowledge to ensure a quality tint install, but we’re dedicated to providing top notch service and products. In the last few years, we’ve opened a 4,000 square ft. facility solely dedicated to the clean environment needed for Window Tint and Paint Protection Film installs.
Give us a call or visit us online to get your windows tinted today!
2975A Morse Road, Columbus OH 43231 614-475-6695
2879 Taylor Road Ext, Reynoldsburg OH 43068 614-863-1067